Soothing Sammy Program (Free 5-Day Shipping in Continental U.S.)
** Price Includes Free 5-Day Shipping within Continental U.S. (Usually arrives within 2-3 days)
- Soothing Sammy Children's Book
- Soothing Sammy Parent Guide
- Soothing Sammy Plush Golden Retriever (safe for children ages 2 years old and up)
- Social and Emotional Activity Book
Does your child ever have tantrums or meltdowns? We have the perfect solution for children ages 2 through 8! Soothing Sammy can prevent future tantrums by teaching your child how to:
- Realize they are feeling overwhelmed or upset.
- Calm down in an effective way.
- Process their emotions in a positive way.
- Talk about how they feel.
- Solve the problem through communication.
- Make a plan to solve the problem happens again.
- Move on with their/your day.
This 4-Piece Program Includes:
1. Children's Book - The colorful photos and simple story is perfect for toddlers, preschoolers and elementary aged children. In the story, children who are upset visit Sammy, a golden retriever, at his dog house. Sammy shows his friends, how calm down with items he has in his home (such as drinking from a child's cup, using a washcloth to dampen their face, eating a crunchy snack and listening to a calming song). Once calm, Sammy helps children identify their feelings, find out why they are mad and develop a solution to the problem.
2. Soothing Sammy Plush Dog (Golden Retriever) - Using an empty box or container, follow the directions in the back of the book to construct a "Sammy house" for this plush dog, which resembles the house from the children's book. Place Sammy, the plush dog, into his new home and fill it with the household items discussed in the children's book. When your child feels upset, redirect them to the Sammy house to calm down (just like the children in the book did). Sammy the plush dog:
- Meets and exceeds all US safety Standards for children ages 2 years old and up.
- Is Machine Washable
- Measures 11.5"L x 3.5"W x 10"H
3) Parent Guide - This 80-page book explains how to prevent children from becoming frustrated in everyday situations. Examples of topics include:
- Sharing space and items with other children.
- Encouraging your child to listen and follow directions.
- Transitioning to and from different activities.
4) Emotions & Feelings Activity Book - There are so many different feelings and it is hard for children to put those feelings into words. These activities provide opportunities for academic development while learning how to identify feelings in themselves and others, supporting emotional competency.
- Examples Include:
- "Excited vs. Surprised"
- "Angry March"
- "Sunny Side Up Wiggle"
- "Emotion Patterning"
- and so much more!
* All activities utilize items/materials typically found in the home (no need to buy more stuff to complete these activities).
This product was designed by Jeana Kinne, MA, a Child Development Specialist with more then 15 years of experience in the Early Childhood Field (including Parent Education, Special Education and as a Preschool Director.) Jeana's program will walk you through every step of setting up the Soothing Sammy program your home or classroom.
For all Soothing Sammy orders:
- Please accept emails when asked at checkout to ensure you receive the digital components of this program along with updates.
- One Sammy Kit is all you need for a family, or an entire classroom. You can add extra Soothing Sammy plush dogs if you have more then one child.
- This Program was created to meet children where they are and can be easily adapted for children with special needs
- After you place an order, we will send you a tracking number along with delivery updates.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
More Questions? Click on the following links for more information about specific topics:
Find Out More
Rainy Days are often very long and eventful in an...
Do you ever find yourself standing in the doorway of...
Welcome to the world of four and five-year-olds! The...
Do you ever feel like your child has "selective hearing?"...