3. Soothing Sammy Music (MP3 Versions emailed right after purchase)
4. Sammy Activities (digital PDF download emailed right after purchase)
5. Emotions and Feelings Poster
"Soothing Sammy" teaches children (ages 2-6) how to calm down, communicate their feelings and problems solve in a way that is easy for them to understand and simple for your to implement. It works at home and at preschool!
This Fun and Engaging 4-Piece"Soothing Sammy" Program Includes:
1. Children's Book- The colorful photos and simple story is perfect for toddlers, preschoolers and elementary aged children. In the story, children who are upset visit Sammy, a golden retriever, at his dog house. Sammy shows his friends, how calm down with items he has in his home (such as drinking from a child's cup, using a washcloth to dampen their face, eating a crunchy snack and listening to a calming song). Once calm, Sammy helps children identify their feelings, find out why they are mad and develop a solution to the problem.
2. Soothing Sammy Plush Dog (Golden Retriever)-Using an empty box or container, follow the directions in the back of the book to construct a "Sammy house" for this plush dog, which resembles the house from the children's book.Place Sammy, the plush dog, into his new home and fill it with the household items discussed in the children's book. When your child feels upset, redirect them to the Sammy house to calm down (just like the children in the book did).
Stuffed Plush Puppy Toy (Golden Retriever) Plush Toy (10"x7"x4")
Sammy meets and exceeds all US safety Standards for children ages 2 years old and up.
Measures11.5"L x 3.5"W x 10"H
A cuddly and soft plush golden retriever that brings the children's book to life.
3. Soothing Sammy Music (MP3 version)
Two Soothing Sammy songs will be emailed to you immediately upon purchase. Play them on an ipad, phone or computer and encourage your kids sing and dance along! These songs will help them remember what Soothing Sammy is for.
4. Soothing Sammy Curriculum Guide- This PDF guide, emailed to you immediately upon purchase, contains simple step-by-step ways for you to introduce Sammy to your classroom in a way they will remember what it is for.
It also includes:
Play based Emotions Activities
Tips From A Mom: “How I Use Sammy In My Home"
Printouts for Sammy Corner
Two Week Soothing Sammy Curriculum
Soothing Sammy Coloring Pages
Soothing Sammy Mask Project
List of Specific Skills Sammy Teaches
BONUS: Sensory Play Recipes for Kids/Extra ideas to add to Sammy’s House
About the Author:
This product was designed by Jeana Kinne, MA, a Child Development Specialist with more then 18 years of experience in the Early Childhood Field (including Parent Education, Special Education and as a Preschool Director.) Jeana's program will walk you through every step of setting up the Soothing Sammy program in your home or classroom.
For all Soothing Sammy orders:
Please accept emails when asked at checkout to ensure you receive the digital components of this program along with updates.
One Sammy Kit is all you need for a family, or an entire classroom. You can add extra Soothing Sammy plush dogs if you have more then one child.
This Program was created to meet children where they are and can be easily adapted for children with special needs
After you place an order, we will send you a tracking number along with delivery updates.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Click on the following links for more information about specific topics: