Soothing Sammy (Free Shipping in Continental U.S.)
* Price Includes Free Shipping in Continental U.S.
- Soothing Sammy Children's Book
- Sammy Plush Dog
- Emotions & Feelings Activity E-Book (PDF Emailed to you immediately)
- Parent Guide
- Free Shipping in Continental U.S.
Does your child ever have tantrums or meltdowns? We have the perfect solution for children ages 2 through 8! Soothing Sammy can prevent future tantrums by teaching your child how to:
- Process their emotions.
- Identify and communicate their feelings.
- Problem solve.
This 4-Piece Program Includes:
1. Children's Book - The colorful photos and simple story is perfect for toddlers, preschoolers and elementary aged children. In the story, children who are upset visit Sammy, a golden retriever, at his dog house. Sammy shows his friends, how calm down with items he has in his home (such as drinking from a child's cup, using a washcloth to dampen their face, eating a crunchy snack and listening to a calming song). Once calm, Sammy helps children identify their feelings, find out why they are mad and develop a solution to the problem.
2. Soothing Sammy Plush Dog (Golden Retriever) - Using an empty box or container, follow the directions in the back of the book to construct a "Sammy house" for this plush dog, which resembles the house from the children's book. Place Sammy, the plush dog, into his new home and fill it with the household items discussed in the children's book. When your child feels upset, redirect them to the Sammy house to calm down (just like the children in the book did). Sammy the plush dog:
- Meets and exceeds all US safety Standards for children ages 2 years old and up.
- Is Machine Washable
- Measures 11.5"L x 3.5"W x 10"H
3. Emotions & Feelings Activity Digital E-Book -
These playful activities teach children the vocabulary to describe how they feel.
These activities also teach simple academic concepts that prepare children for Kindergarten.
- Examples Include:
- "Excited vs. Surprised"
- "Angry March"
- "Sunny Side Up"
- "Emotion Patterning"
- and so much more!
This 80 page parent guide discusses a variety of ways which your family can incorporate Sammy's lessons into your everyday life. It includes tips and reflection pages on topics including:
- Sharing space and items with other children.
- Encouraging your child to listen.
- Helping your child express their feelings.
- Preventing your child from becoming frustrated.
- Transitioning to and from different activities.
- Following Directions.
For all Soothing Sammy orders:
- Please accept emails when asked at checkout to ensure you receive the digital components of this program along with updates.
- One Sammy Kit is all you need for a family, or an entire classroom. You can add extra Soothing Sammy plush dogs if you have more then one child.
- This Program was created to meet children where they are and can be easily adapted for children with special needs
- After you place an order, we will send you a tracking number along with delivery updates.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
About the Author:
This product was designed by Jeana Kinne, MA, a Child Development Specialist with more then 15 years of experience in the Early Childhood Field (including Parent Education, Special Education and as a Preschool Director.) Jeana's program will walk you through every step of setting up the Soothing Sammy program your home or classroom.
Click on the following links for more information about specific topics:
To see more Soothing Sammy Purchase Options, Click Here!
Find Out More
Rainy Days are often very long and eventful in an...
Do you ever find yourself standing in the doorway of...
Welcome to the world of four and five-year-olds! The...
Do you ever feel like your child has "selective hearing?"...