Pre-K Teacher Collection
Preparing for Kindergarten can be fun! Perfect for children ages 2-6, your kids will have the time of their lives completing these hands-on, engaging activities using everyday household items. The activities are so simple, they can be used at home or in the classroom to teach math, science, language, motor and social skills. Prepare your child academically, socially and emotionally today for Preschool, Kindergarten and Beyond!
This Special Classroom Collection Includes:
1. Pre-K YOUR Way Curriculum Set
2. Soothing Sammy Social Skills Set
3. In order to support you in implementing the curriculum into your program, included is a self-paced, 4 unit, online course that guides you through setting up and implementing the activities in your program.
Optional membership: Once you receive the curriculum, you will have the opportunity to join our membership program for ongoing support.
Pre-K Your Way Level 1 Includes over 120 Activities and 12 Parent Guides:
Themed Academic Activities: These activities teach math, science, literacy, math and motor skills through hands-on, play-based activities. These 15 minute lessons can be completed at home or in the community, using items that are typically found around a home.
Workshop/Behavior Guides: Behavior Guides discuss common behavior and social skill milestones. The guides introduce a variety of ways to support children's social development at home and in the community. Included are Social Skill activities for children to practice the concepts and a parenting guide worksheet which helps individual families create a plan to incorporate learned techniques into their family.
- Unit 1: All About Me & Understanding Diversity
- Unit 2: While Going on a Walk & Understanding Safety Routines
- Unit 3: About My Family & Taking Turns with Loved Ones
- Unit 4: Learning Around the House & Taking Care of My Things
- Unit 5: Understanding Emotions and Feelings & Identifying BIG Emotions
- Unit 6: Learning with Books/Literacy Activities & Supporting Age-Appropriate Behavior
- Unit 7: Discovering My 5 Senses & Preparing for Successful Outings
- Unit 8: Shopping Trip Games & Teaching Indoor and Outdoor Behavior Expectations
- Unit 9: Car Ride Games & Traveling with Children
- Unit 10: Park Games & Creating Successful Transitions
- Unit 11: Nutrition/Mealtime Investigation & Trying New Foods
- Unit 12: Restaurant Games & Surviving Restaurant Meals with Young Children
Level 2: Alphabet Activities and Intermediate Academics:
Academic Themed Activities: These activities teach math, science, literacy, math and motor skills through hands-on, play-based activities. These 15 minute lessons can be completed at home or in the community, using items that are typically found around a home.
- 5 Math/Science
- 5 Language/Literacy
- 5 Gross Motor/Fine Motor
- Unit 1: Exploring My Community
- Unit 2: Roadways and Signs
- Unit 3: Unit 4: Advanced Opposites
- Unit 4: Investigating My Home
- Unit 5: Space Exploration
- Unit 6: Advanced Numbers, Letters and Shapes
- 5 Activities for each letter (A through Z)
- Alphabet Review Games
Level 3: Advanced Academics
Pre-K Your Way Level 3 Includes over 90 Activities and 6 Projects:
90 Themed Activities: These activities teach math, science, literacy, math and motor skills through hands-on, play-based activities. These 15 minute lessons can be completed at home or in the community, using items that are typically found around a home.
The Activities are divided into 6 Themed Units. Each unit builds on concepts learned in the previous unit.
- 5 Math/Science
- 5 Language/Literacy
- 5 Gross Motor/Fine Motor
Multiple-Step Projects: The all-inclusive project teach math, science, literacy, art, health/safety, gross motor skills, fine motor skills, music and movement and literacy development in an engaging, multi-step project. Each project guides adults and children through investigating specific questions about the theme. The project supports the child in developing a hypothesis then testing and researching processes to find a conclusion.
- Unit 1: Camping Activities & Project Camping: Outdoor Exploration
- Unit 2: Transportation Activities & Project Transportation: Understanding Package Delivery Systems
- Unit 3: Weather Activities & Project Weather: Discovering the Elements
- Unit 4: Planet Earth & Project Earth: Investigating Earth's Layers/ Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
- Unit 5: Construction Activities & Project Construction: Building Components and Design
- Unit 6: Oceanography Activities & Project Ocean: Oceanography - Introduction to Photosynthesis
Four - Part Soothing Sammy Set Includes:
1) "Soothing Sammy" Children's Book
It's hard to know what to do when your child is upset. Sammy teaches children how to utilize their own sensory system to calm down in a way they will understand, remember and implement.
- How to process your emotions.
- How to communicate your feelings.
- How to problem-solve.
2) Soothing Sammy Parent Guide
This parenting book describes ways you can incorporate Sammy's calming techniques into your family life. The parent and child construct a modest house for Sammy, the plush dog, using basic household items that appeal to the child's sensory system, bridging the emotional gap between anger and self-control. Information providing solutions to common parenting situations are discussed. Topics include:
- Preventing your child from becoming frustrated
- Transitioning to and from different activities
3) Sammy Plush Dog
A cuddly and soft plush golden retriever that brings the children's book to life. Follow the tips in the Parenting Guide to incorporate Sammy and his calming techniques into your daily lives!
- Sammy meets and exceeds all US safety Standards for children ages 2 years old and up.
- Machine Washable
- 10 inches long
4) "Emotions and Feelings" Activities E-Book
All activities utilize items/materials typically found in the home (no need to buy more stuff to complete these activities).
These activities include movement and interactive games!
The "Emotions and Feelings" Theme includes activities which relate to a variety of different emotions that children can feel. There are so many different feelings and it is hard for children to put those feelings into words. These activities provide opportunities for vocabulary building and academic development while learning to identify feelings in themselves and others.
All Activities are related to the theme "Emotions and Feelings"
The children's book, along with Sammy the plush dog and parent guide, create a complementary set of tools that every home (or classroom) with young children will appreciate.
Find Out More
"This activity, that center, this project... wait and that one...
“Every child is an artist. The problem is how to...
Have you noticed that EVERY child is UNIQUE? Your child...
It is now summertime. The outdoors is calling your name...