Sammy Stories Bundle with Digital Components
** Activities E-Book (PDF) and Soothing Sammy Curriculum will be emailed to you immediately upon purchase.
1. "Soothing Sammy" Children's Book
2. "Sammy Chases the Alphabet" Children's Book
3. "The Search for Sammy" Children's Book
4. Sammy Plush Dog
5. Positive Parenting Behavior Guide (80 page physical book)
6. 10 Play-based Emotional Activities (PDF emailed after Purchase)
7. Soothing Sammy Curriculum Suggestions and Teacher Workbook (PDF emailed after Purchase)
8. Sammy Alphabet Activities (PDF emailed after Purchase)
Perfect for children ages 2-6 years old, this 7-piece set includes:
1. Soothing Sammy Children's Book - The colorful photos and simple story is perfect for toddlers, preschoolers and elementary aged children. In the story, children who are upset visit Sammy, a golden retriever, at his dog house. Sammy shows his friends, how calm down with items he has in his home (such as drinking from a child's cup, using a washcloth to dampen their face, eating a crunchy snack and listening to a calming song). Once calm, Sammy helps children identify their feelings, find out why they are mad and develop a solution to the problem.
2. Soothing Sammy Plush Dog (Golden Retriever) - Using an empty box or container, follow the directions in the back of the book to construct a "Sammy house" for this plush dog, which resembles the house from the children's book. Place Sammy, the plush dog, into his new home and fill it with the household items discussed in the children's book. When your child feels upset, redirect them to the Sammy house to calm down (just like the children in the book did). Sammy the plush dog:
- Meets and exceeds all US safety Standards for children ages 2 years old and up.
- Is Machine Washable
- Measures 11.5"L x 3.5"W x 10"H
3. Emotions & Feelings Activity E-Book (Digital PDF) - There are so many different feelings and it is hard for children to put those feelings into words. These activities provide opportunities for academic development while learning how to identify feelings in themselves and others, supporting emotional competency.
- Examples Include:
- "Excited vs. Surprised"
- "Angry March"
- "Sunny Side Up Wiggle"
- "Emotion Patterning"
- and so much more!
* All activities utilize items/materials typically found in the home (no need to buy more stuff to complete these activities).
4. Soothing Sammy Curriculum Guide- This guide, emailed to you immediately upon purchase, contains simple step-by-step ways for you to introduce Sammy to your classroom in a way they will remember what it is for. These simple small group lessons create a way for children to learn all about their feelings and emotions. Soothing Sammy can be introduced within one week or the emotional curriculum can be continued for as long as you like!
5. Soothing Sammy Positive Parenting Guide - This 80 page parent guide discusses a variety of ways which your family can incorporate Sammy's lessons into your everyday life. It includes tips and reflection pages on topics including:
- Sharing space and items with other children.
- Encouraging your child to listen.
- Helping your child express their feelings.
- Preventing your child from becoming frustrated.
- Transitioning to and from different activities.
- Following Directions.
6. "Sammy Chases the Alphabet" Book: Play fetch with Sammy, the golden retriever, as he teaches your child all about the alphabet!
As your child helps Sammy search for letters on the farm, they will learn what each letter looks and sounds like. The upbeat, rhyming phrases, will capture your child's attention, enticing them to read the book over and over again with excitement!
Sammy helps children learn speech and cognitive skills in a fun way, supporting their love of learning.
7. Sammy Alphabet Activities (Over 200 Pages of Alphabet Activities): Introduce letter recognition and phonological awareness (letter sounds) through play! Each letter is taught through:
Your child will learn: letter identification and literacy concepts.
There are five activities related to each letter.
- The first letter activity introduces the shape of the letter.
- The second and third activities use art materials to reinforce the shape of the letter.
- The fourth and fifth activities incorporate literacy and gross motor skills to introduce phonological concepts.
- 5 Activities for each letter (A through Z)
- Alphabet Review Games
- Sammy Chases Alphabet Games with Matching Game, Alphabet Flashcards & Letter Tracing Pages
8. "The Search for Sammy" Children's book:
Sammy, the golden retriever, loves to play fetch at his favorite park. One day, he chased a ball into the forbidden woods! Before he knew it, Sammy didn't know where he was. Luckily, his mom taught him how to stay safe if he ever got lost. Sammy meets a variety of forest animals that keep him safe until the Search and Rescue Team find him.
This rhyming story filled with colorful images and bonus games, will teach your child what to do if they get lost.
A portion of all proceeds from the sale of this book will be donated to Search and Rescue volunteers to fun essential trainings and equipment.
About the Author:
This product was designed by Jeana Kinne, MA, a Child Development Specialist with more then 15 years of experience in the Early Childhood Field (including Parent Education, Special Education and as a Preschool Director.) Jeana's program will walk you through every step of setting up the Soothing Sammy program your home or classroom.
For all Sammy orders:
- Please accept emails when asked at checkout to ensure you receive the digital components of this program along with updates.
- One Sammy Kit is all you need for a family, or an entire classroom. You can add extra Soothing Sammy plush dogs if you have more then one child.
- This Program was created to meet children where they are and can be easily adapted for children with special needs
- After you place an order, we will send you a tracking number along with delivery updates.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Click on the following links for more information about specific topics:
Find Out More
Do you ever find yourself standing in the doorway of...
A note from Jeana: Eating is a basic need for...
It was a quiet family afternoon, but then the...
Worried your child is too young to help out in...