Soothing Sammy Set
Does your child ever have tantrums or meltdowns? Soothing Sammy teaches children how to calm down when they feel upset by:
- Processing their emotions in a positive way.
- Identifying and communicating their feelings.
- Problem solving.
The simple story and practical application is perfect for toddlers, preschoolers and elementary aged children.
This 4-Piece Set Includes:
1. Children's Book - When a young boy becomes upset, he visits Sammy (the golden retriever)'s house. Sammy shows him, and his friends, how to use their sensory system to calm down. He gives each child a typical household item (such as a cup of juice (taste), a cold washcloth (touch), a family picture (see) and many other items) that helps them feel better quickly. Once calm, Sammy helps the children problem solve by asking them questions.
2. Soothing Sammy Plush Dog (Golden Retriever) - Using an empty box or container, follow the directions in the back of the book to construct a "Sammy house" for this plush dog. Place Sammy into his new home and fill it with household items discussed in the children's book. When your child feels upset, redirect them to the Sammy house to calm down (just like the children in the book did). Sammy the plush dog:
- Meets and exceeds all US safety Standards for children ages 2 years old and up.
- Is Machine Washable
- Measures 11.5"L x 3.5"W x 10"H
3) Parent Guide - This 80-page book explains how to prevent children from becoming frustrated in everyday situations. Examples of topics include:
- Sharing space and items with other children.
- Encouraging your child to listen and follow directions.
- Transitioning to and from different activities.
4) Emotions & Feelings Activities E-Book - Includes 10 play-based activities that teach children how to identify feelings in themselves and others, supporting emotional competency. This Digital E-Book will be sent to you immediately upon purchase.
Soothing Sammy is easy for children to understand and simple for parents to implement! Click here for more details on how to use Soothing Sammy and learn why the items he uses helps children calm down.
Find Out More
Do you ever find yourself standing in the doorway of...
"It was a quiet family afternoon, but then the...
Oh two year olds! The age of exploration and questioning...
Welcome to the world of four and five-year-olds! The...