Soothing Sammy Program (Free 5-Day Shipping in Continental U.S.)
* Price Includes Free Shipping within Continental U.S.
** E-Book will be emailed immediately upon purchase.
Children aren't born knowing how to respond to their emotions, so let's teach this skill in a practical, hands-on way! This Sammy System can stop future tantrums by teaching your child how to:
- Realize they are feeling overwhelmed or upset.
- Calm down in an effective way.
- Process their emotions in a positive way.
- Talk about how they feel.
- Solve the problem through communication.
- Make a plan to solve the problem happens again.
- Move on with their/your day.
This 3-Piece Program Includes:
1. Children's Book - The colorful photos and simple story is perfect for toddlers, preschoolers and elementary aged children. In the story, children who are upset visit Sammy, a golden retriever, at his dog house. Sammy shows his friends, how calm down with items he has in his home (such as drinking from a child's cup, using a washcloth to dampen their face, eating a crunchy snack and listening to a calming song). Once calm, Sammy helps children identify their feelings, find out why they are mad and develop a solution to the problem.
2. Soothing Sammy Plush Dog (Golden Retriever) - Using an empty box or container, follow the directions in the back of the book to construct a "Sammy house" for this plush dog, which resembles the house from the children's book. Place Sammy, the plush dog, into his new home and fill it with the household items discussed in the children's book. When your child feels upset, redirect them to the Sammy house to calm down (just like the children in the book did). Sammy the plush dog:
- Meets and exceeds all US safety Standards for children ages 2 years old and up.
- Is Machine Washable
- Measures 11.5"L x 3.5"W x 10"H
3) Emotions & Feelings Activity E-Book (Digital PDF) - There are so many different feelings and it is hard for children to put those feelings into words. These activities provide opportunities for academic development while learning how to identify feelings in themselves and others, supporting emotional competency.
- Examples Include:
- "Excited vs. Surprised"
- "Angry March"
- "Sunny Side Up Wiggle"
- "Emotion Patterning"
- and so much more!
* All activities utilize items/materials typically found in the home (no need to buy more stuff to complete these activities).
"Like many kids, my three year old often gets sad and has a hard time expressing himself. Soothing Sammy has helped him identify a toolkit full of tools that he can choose from based on the situation. The tools allow him to calm down, sooth, and verbally express himself so we can address the reasoning behind his emotion. " - Nancy
About the Author:
This product was designed by Jeana Kinne, MA, a Child Development Specialist with more then 15 years of experience in the Early Childhood Field (including Parent Education, Special Education and as a Preschool Director.) Jeana's program will walk you through every step of setting up the Soothing Sammy program your home or classroom.
For all Soothing Sammy orders:
- Please accept emails when asked at checkout to ensure you receive the digital components of this program along with updates.
- One Sammy Kit is all you need for a family, or an entire classroom. You can add extra Soothing Sammy plush dogs if you have more then one child.
- This Program was created to meet children where they are and can be easily adapted for children with special needs
- After you place an order, we will send you a tracking number along with delivery updates.
- Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Click on the following links for more information about specific topics:
Find Out More
Rainy Days are often very long and eventful in an...
Do you ever find yourself standing in the doorway of...
Welcome to the world of four and five-year-olds! The...
Do you ever feel like your child has "selective hearing?"...