Soothing Sammy Program (Free Shipping in Continental U.S.)
*Includes Free 5-Day Shipping in Continental U.S.)
** Activities E-Book (PDF) and Soothing Sammy Curriculum will be emailed to you immediately upon purchase.
Oh no! Ana is crying again. No, she isn't hurt. She is mad. Mad that I have white cheese for snack, not yellow.
And Charlie, he is laying on the floor and kicking the wall because he wants the green truck that Adam is playing with.
Yesterday at the grocery store, I wanted to run and hide in the bathroom as Chelsea's ear-piercing screams hit pitches I have never heard. Why? Because she wanted the Frozen Cheerios instead of the apples I put in the basket.
I am so tired of trying to talk to them when they won't listen. I don't know what to do.
Have you ever felt this way before?
What if your children could calmly talk about why they are upset and then come up with a solution?
Sound too good to be true?
"Soothing Sammy" teaches children (ages 2-6) how to calm down, communicate their feelings and problems solve in a way that is easy for them to understand and simple for your to implement. It works at home and at preschool!
This Fun and Engaging 4-Piece "Soothing Sammy" Program Includes:
1. Children's Book - The colorful photos and simple story is perfect for toddlers, preschoolers and elementary aged children. In the story, children who are upset visit Sammy, a golden retriever, at his dog house. Sammy shows his friends, how calm down with items he has in his home (such as drinking from a child's cup, using a washcloth to dampen their face, eating a crunchy snack and listening to a calming song). Once calm, Sammy helps children identify their feelings, find out why they are mad and develop a solution to the problem.
2. Soothing Sammy Plush Dog (Golden Retriever) - Using an empty box or container, follow the directions in the back of the book to construct a "Sammy house" for this plush dog, which resembles the house from the children's book. Place Sammy, the plush dog, into his new home and fill it with the household items discussed in the children's book. When your child feels upset, redirect them to the Sammy house to calm down (just like the children in the book did). Sammy the plush dog:
- Meets and exceeds all US safety Standards for children ages 2 years old and up.
- Is Machine Washable
- Measures 11.5"L x 3.5"W x 10"H
3. Emotions & Feelings Activity E-Book (Digital PDF) - There are so many different feelings and it is hard for children to put those feelings into words. These activities provide opportunities for academic development while learning how to identify feelings in themselves and others, supporting emotional competency.
- Examples Include:
- "Excited vs. Surprised"
- "Angry March"
- "Sunny Side Up Wiggle"
- "Emotion Patterning"
- and so much more!
* All activities utilize items/materials typically found in the home (no need to buy more stuff to complete these activities).
4. Soothing Sammy Curriculum Guide- This PDF guide, emailed to you immediately upon purchase, contains simple step-by-step ways for you to introduce Sammy to your classroom in a way they will remember what it is for. These simple small group lessons create a way for children to learn all about their feelings and emotions. Soothing Sammy can be introduced within one week or the emotional curriculum can be continued for as long as you like!
About the Author:
This product was designed by Jeana Kinne, MA, a Child Development Specialist with more then 18 years of experience in the Early Childhood Field (including Parent Education, Special Education and as a Preschool Director.) Jeana's program will walk you through every step of setting up the Soothing Sammy program in your home or classroom.
For all Soothing Sammy orders:
- Please accept emails when asked at checkout to ensure you receive the digital components of this program along with updates.
- One Sammy Kit is all you need for a family, or an entire classroom. You can add extra Soothing Sammy plush dogs if you have more then one child.
- This Program was created to meet children where they are and can be easily adapted for children with special needs
- After you place an order, we will send you a tracking number along with delivery updates.
- Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Click on the following links for more information about specific topics:
Find Out More
Staying indoors with young children for days at a time...
Do you ever find yourself standing in the doorway of...
Welcome to the world of four and five-year-olds! The...
Do you ever feel like your child has "selective hearing?"...