Pre-K Your Way: Activities for EVERY Family!
- Our activities are full of hands-on learning experiences which are completed using items that are typically found around a home.
- Includes movement, literature, songs, cooking, sensory-rich activities and More!
- Our comprehensive activity series includes math, science, language, literacy, gross motor, fine motor and cognitive learning, self-help and social/emotional learning objectives.
- All units are laid out in sequential stages, each unit and level building on concepts learned in the previous one.
- Since every child is unique, learning at different paces, our activities are SKILL-Based not AGE-based.
"My daughter and I had so much fun! While painting, building, drawing, and jumping, she learned about colors shapes, numbers, and letters. The Pre-K YOUR Way curriculum is a great way to prepare your child for kindergarten! The lessons use materials we already have at home, are easy to follow and can be completed in 15 to 20 minutes. My daughter learned so much while playing and having fun." – Tara
Pre-K YOUR Way includes 3 Levels. Each Level builds on concepts learned the the previous Level. This page includes details of each Level.
*Note: Some Early Childhood Teachers and Homeschooling families have requested a sample daily schedule to plan out activities. I have created a plan for you. Feel free to modify it as necessary to fit the the unique needs o the children you are teaching. You can find this plan HERE.
Level 1 includes 12 Units that include the following:
Part 1: Themed Academic Activities which teach math, science, literacy, math and motor skills through a variety of 15 minute activities. There are 10 Activities for each of the following themes: All About Me, My Family, Emotions and Feelings, My 5 Senses, Nutrition, Mealtime, Literacy
Part 2: Everyday Learning Activities that teach academic skills. There are 10 Activities for each of the following: Going on a Walk, Taking Care of the Environment, Library Trips, Shopping, Riding in the Car, Playing at the Park and while at a Restaurant Games
Part 3: Behavior Support Tips & Reflections - Parenting Tip sections provide ideas and strategies to support age-appropriate social and emotional milestones (Including Understanding Diversity, Taking Turns with Loved Ones, Helping Parents Survive Restaurant Meals with Young Children and MORE!)
Your child is ready for this level if they can:
* Use words to communicate
* Follow Simple Directions
* Walk more than 5 steps
* Use a Crayon or Marker to draw
* Label familiar objects
Each Unit includes 2 Parts:
Part 1: 90 Themed Academic Activities which use items found around the home to teach math, science, language, literacy, pre-writing skills. There are 15 Activities included in each theme. Themes include: My Community, Roadways and Signs, Advanced Opposites, Space Exploration, Investigating My Home and Advanced Numbers, Letters and Shapes.
Part 2: 130 Alphabet Activities teach letter identification and writing skills through art, sensory activities, reading, movement activities (dancing, jumping, running) and language arts. Includes Five (5) Activities for each letter AND alphabet review games.Your child is ready for this level if they can:
* Complete 2-part patterns
* Name familiar shapes
* Count 5 objects
* Identify colors
* Follow directions
* Imitate lines with a marker or crayon.
Part 1: 90 Themed Academic Activities which use items found around the home to teach math, science, language, literacy, pre-writing skills. Themes include: Camping, Transportation, Planet Earth, Construction, Oceanography and Weather!
Part 2: 6 Multi-Step Projects. These projects teach children how academic skills are used in the real world. Projects include: Project Transportation: Understanding Package Delivery Systems; Project Weather: Discovering the Elements; Project Earth: Investigating Earths Layers - Reduce, Reuse and Recycle; Project Construction: Building Components and Design and Project Ocean: Oceanography - Introduction to Photosynthesis.
Your child is ready for this level if they can:
* Recite numbers 1 through 10 in order
* Describe similarities and differences of several shapes
* Retell a story
* Write all uppercase letters of the Alphabet and recognize their sounds.
* Follow two-step directions
* Use child-sized scissors
Teach Your Child Social/Emotional Skills - No More Tantrums!
Sometimes it is hard to know what to do when your child is upset. Soothing Sammy teaches your child how to process their feelings, identify their emotions and problem solve in a way that is EASY for children to understand and SIMPLE for parents to implement! For children ages 2-10 years old!
"Parenting is hard work! Children do not come with instructions, so knowing how to handle their emotional needs is so hard. Thanks to Soothing Sammy I am better equipped to help my children through their melt-downs and tantrums. Since grabbing this set I have seen not only a difference in my children but a difference in how I handle them in the hard moments. I definitely recommend this set to every parent." - Stephanie
Looking for Samples? Check out our SAMPLE PAGE for videos of JDEducational children completing activities.
Use the following links to find answers to Frequently Asked Questions:
- Why is it called Pre-K YOUR Way?
- How do I find out what part of the Curriculum I should start at?
- What age does my child have to be to complete these activities?
- How do I know what Level and Module to start with my child?
- What types of activities are in this curriculum? (What should I expect my child to be doing when completing these activities?)
- How long does it take to complete?
- What types of materials do I need to complete the activities?
- Can I complete the curriculum if I have more than one child?
- Do I need to participate in these activities or can my child do them by themselves?
- Are the activities appropriate for Daycare or Preschool centers?
- Who created this curriculum and why?