1. Encourage every child to love learning while preparing them for success in Preschool, Kindergarten and Beyond.
2. Build upon and celebrate every child's unique strengths.
3. Provide social and emotional tools to help all children grow into a caring and thoughtful adult.
4. Provide tools and resources for preschool staff to make teaching more fun and less stressful.
Through Play, Pre-K YOUR Way:
* Supports YOUR child's unique learning style.
* Teaches to Current National Kindergarten Readiness Standards
* Supports YOUR whole child's development (including academic, social and emotional milestones).
* Fits YOUR Budget - lessons are completed with items typically found around a home.
* Is based on years of experience and education.
* Is easily adapted for children with special needs.
* Is easily incorporated into Preschool and Daycare Curriculum Plans.
The Activities Can be Completed Anytime!
We all know that life gets busy and our time is valuable.
Complete our 10 to 15 minutes activities:
* One time or repeated many times.
* As often as you would like.
* Any time of day.
* Anywhere (at home, at preschool, inside, outside...at the park, on vacation, or anywhere else).
It's Flexible Enough to Fit any Schedule
* Can be completed with one child or ten children.
* Uses typical household items (such as blankets, pillows, empty boxes, ice cubes, and more). No need to buy anything expensive.
* Includes step-by step instructions so any adult will feel confident completing these activities.
* Since every child is unique and learn at different paces, our activities are SKILL-Based not AGE-based.
It's Tailored to YOUR Child's Unique Learning Style.
Have you noticed that some children like to move, others like to draw, some like to read and some like to build?
Our activities are based off of Howard Gardner (a Harvard University Professor)'s educational theory called "multiple intelligences". He explained that there are 8 ways people learn.
These activities teach academic and social skills using movement games, art, music, reading, drawing and more.
It Teaches Academic and Social Skills
Based on National, Preschool and Kindergarten Standards, these activites teach:
Math and Science - Addition, Subtraction, Patterning, Measurement and More!
Cognitive Development - Problem Solving
Physical Development - Large and Small Muscle Development (Jumping, Hopping, Using Scissors, Writing, etc)
Language Development - Vocabulary and Communication Development
Literacy Skills - Letter Knowledge and Beginning Reading
Social and Emotional Development - Engaging with adults and peers in an age-appropriate way
Self-Help Skills - Independent Skills
It Teaches Emotional Skills!
Does your child ever have "BIG" Feelings?
Tantrums are scary for children and frustrating for adults.
The part of our brain that manages our emotions doesn't fully form until we turn 25!
Children need to learn how to calm down, communicate and problem solve so they can make friends and be successful as they grow.
Soothing Sammy teaches children these skills in a way that is easy for children to understand and simple for parents to implement!!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hello! My name is Jeana Kinne and I created this program. I received my Masters Degree in Curriculum Development and have over 16 years of experience working in a variety of positions within the Early Childhood field.
My work experience has taught me that when parents are active participants in their child's learning, their children are more prepared to be successful in Preschool and Kindergarten.
I love working with families, providing them with solutions to common parenting concerns, resulting in stress-free parenting! That is when I came up with the idea for JDEducational.