Halloween is in our midst and so is fall. That means that there are pumpkins everywhere!
Learning with pumpkins can be so much fun. Here is a simple way to teach your child to to teach language enrichment skills using pumpkins.
* One Pumpkin
* One Piece of Construction Paper or Regular Paper (any color)
* One Marker or Pen (any color)
* One Highlighter (any color)
(See Video below for demonstration.)
Step 1: Place the pumpkin onto the sheet of paper.
Step 2: Help your child trace the pumpkin with a marker.
Step 3: Put a "P" in the corner of the paper for "Pumpkin".
Step 4: Ask your child to tell you about the pumpkin. Use the highlighter to write the words they say in the outline of their pumpkin.
- What do you like about this pumpkin?
- What is your favorite part about the pumpkin?
- Describe your pumpkin to me.
Step 5: Have your child use a pen or marker trace the words.
Optional: Create a story about the pumpkin (see video below for story example - Start video at 6:00 minutes).