Soothing Sammy Program
If you would like to order more then 10 dogs, please email Jeana for special prices - firstname.lastname@example.org
** Activity E-Book (PDF) and Soothing Sammy Curriculum will be emailed to you immediately upon purchase.
1. Sammy Children's Book
2. Parenting Guide
3. Plush Golden Retriever Dog
4. Emotions and Feelings Activities (digital PDF download)
5. Sammy Corner and Curriculum (digital PDF download)
"Soothing Sammy" teaches children (ages 2-6) how to calm down, communicate their feelings and problems solve in a way that is easy for them to understand and simple for your to implement. It works at home and at preschool!
This Fun and Engaging 5-Piece "Soothing Sammy" Program Includes:
1. Children's Book - The colorful photos and simple story is perfect for toddlers, preschoolers and elementary aged children. In the story, children who are upset visit Sammy, a golden retriever, at his dog house. Sammy shows his friends, how calm down with items he has in his home (such as drinking from a child's cup, using a washcloth to dampen their face, eating a crunchy snack and listening to a calming song). Once calm, Sammy helps children identify their feelings, find out why they are mad and develop a solution to the problem.
2. Soothing Sammy Plush Dog (Golden Retriever) - Using an empty box or container, follow the directions in the back of the book to construct a "Sammy house" for this plush dog, which resembles the house from the children's book. Place Sammy, the plush dog, into his new home and fill it with the household items discussed in the children's book. When your child feels upset, redirect them to the Sammy house to calm down (just like the children in the book did). Sammy the plush dog:
- Meets and exceeds all US safety Standards for children ages 2 years old and up.
- Is Machine Washable
- Measures 11.5"L x 3.5"W x 10"H
3. This 80 page parent guide discusses a variety of ways which your family can incorporate Sammy's lessons into your everyday life. It includes tips and reflection pages on topics including:
- Sharing space and items with other children.
- Encouraging your child to listen.
- Helping your child express their feelings.
- Preventing your child from becoming frustrated.
- Transitioning to and from different activities.
- Following Directions.
4.Emotions & Feelings Activity E-Book (Digital PDF) - There are so many different feelings and it is hard for children to put those feelings into words. These activities provide opportunities for academic development while learning how to identify feelings in themselves and others, supporting emotional competency.
- Examples Include:
- "Excited vs. Surprised"
- "Angry March"
- "Sunny Side Up Wiggle"
- "Emotion Patterning"
- and so much more!
* All activities utilize items/materials typically found in the home (no need to buy more stuff to complete these activities).
5. Soothing Sammy Curriculum Guide- This PDF guide, emailed to you immediately upon purchase, contains simple step-by-step ways for you to introduce Sammy to your classroom in a way they will remember what it is for. These simple small group lessons create a way for children to learn all about their feelings and emotions. Soothing Sammy can be introduced within one week or the emotional curriculum can be continued for as long as you like!
About the Author:
This product was designed by Jeana Kinne, MA, a Child Development Specialist with more then 18 years of experience in the Early Childhood Field (including Parent Education, Special Education and as a Preschool Director.) Jeana's program will walk you through every step of setting up the Soothing Sammy program in your home or classroom.
For all Soothing Sammy orders:
- Please accept emails when asked at checkout to ensure you receive the digital components of this program along with updates.
- One Sammy Kit is all you need for a family, or an entire classroom. You can add extra Soothing Sammy plush dogs if you have more then one child.
- This Program was created to meet children where they are and can be easily adapted for children with special needs
- After you place an order, we will send you a tracking number along with delivery updates.
- Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Click on the following links for more information about specific topics:
Find Out More
Do you ever find yourself standing in the doorway of...
It was a quiet family afternoon, but then the...
Oh two year olds! The age of exploration and questioning...
Welcome to the world of four and five-year-olds! The...