- One (1) Photo of your child from each year during past Christmas's since they were born.
- One (1) Photo of your child's siblings from each year during past Christmas's since they were born.
- One (1) Photo of you (parents) from each year during past Christmas's since they were born.
- Understanding Time
- Identifying People
- Following Multi-Step Directions
- Sorting Objects by Category
- Quantity and Counting
- Place all of the photos from the materials list into a pile.
- Ask your child if they know who is in the photos?
- Go through each photo with your child, helping them identify who is in the photo.
- Once they have identified who is in the photos, have them group the photos together - grouped by who is in the photo (all of them together, all of the parents together, each sibling in their own piles, etc).
- Ask the child to count how many photos are in each pile. Who's pile has the most photos?
- Ask your child to look at the photos in the pile of themselves. Can they identify how old they are in each photo?
- Help your child place the photos of themselves in order from youngest to oldest.
- Ask them if they can point to the picture where they are the "youngest"? How about the "oldest"?.
- Repeat steps 6 through 8 with the rest of the piles. Can they identify youngest and oldest in those piles?
OPTIONAL: Continue with pictures of others.. grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc.