This week, we will be looking at the letter "S". Every day there will be a letter "S" activity. Children learn in so many different ways, and this includes learning the letters in a variety of different ways. These letter activities teach how to write the letter and the sounds of the letter!
Today, we will be learning the letter "S" through Movement.
- One (1) chair
- One (1) space to stand up
Step 1: Tell the child they’re going to stand in the middle of the room, next to the chair.
Step 2: Tell the child that the adult is going to describe some things that people do while standing up and sitting down. When the adult says the following phrases, have the child say if they would sit or stand to complete that task. If they say sit, they should sit in the chair. If they say stand, they should stand next to the chair.
- Riding in a car (child should say “sit” and sit down)
- Walking through the store (child should say “Stand” and stand up)
- Eating dinner (child should say “Sit” and sit down)
- Taking a shower (child should say “stand” and stand up)
Step 3: What other “stand” and “sit” activities can you or the child think of? Repeat step 3 with the activities that you and the child came up with.