What skills does my child need to learn?
Our school readiness series is for children ages 2 years old through Kindergarten. It includes a 3-Level Activity Series which consists of over 450 parent-friendly, home-based learning activities that meet current Preschool and Kindergarten Readiness Standards. Each activity includes simple step-by-step instructions, specific learning objectives and a materials list calling for items typically found around a home.
To see the difference between each level, view our Product Description page.
For samples of the activities, view our Samples Page Here.
Do you work at a Preschool or Daycare? Visit our Early Childhood Educators page to learn more about how you can incorporate our activities into your classroom.
What your Child will Learn:
- Cognitive Development - Problem Solving and Critical Thinking Skills.
- Math and Science - Addition, Subtraction, Patterns, Measuring and More!
- Physical Development - Large and Small Muscle Development (Jumping, Hopping, Using Scissors, Writing, etc)
- Language Development - Vocabulary Development and Following Multiple-Step Directions
- Literacy Skills - Letter and Word Knowledge and Beginning Reading
- Social and Emotional Development - Engaging with adults and peers in an age-appropriate way
- Self-Help Skills - Learning skills to become independent.
All children are unique and learn at their own pace. The JDEducational Curriculum Series focuses on academic and social skill level not a child's age. This Series contains three separate levels based on a child's skill level, not age. Each level builds on the preceding one.
Click on the photo below to view a side-by-side comparison of what your child will learn in each of our 3-Level Series:
Our Series Meets the following National Preschool & Kindergarten Readiness Standards:
Spend quality family time teaching your child necessary skills in a way that meets your child's unique learning style (See Below for Learning Style Descriptions). Our instructional booklets encourages your child to develop a love of learning while addressing National Preschool and Kindergarten Readiness Skills:
- Common Core Kindergarten Standards
- Preschool Learning Foundations
- California State Preschool Standards - Desired Results Developmental Profile
What are the Different Styles of Learning?
The activities encourages the development of the whole child (academic, social, emotional and more)! The activities teach skills through moving, creating, building, laughing, problem-solving, investigating and much more.
The activities are based on the "multiple intelligences" theory by Harvard University Professor, Howard Gardner. Gardner believed that all children are unique and learn in different ways. Some like to move and others like to draw, some like to explore!
Gardner's eight "multiple intelligences" ways of learning:
- Linguistic - "Word Smart" - Learning through listening, reading, writing and literature.
- Logical-Mathematical - "Numbers/Reasoning Smart" - Learning through solving problems and mechanics.
- Spatial - "Picture Smart" - Learning through pictures, art and 3-D materials.
- Bodily - Kinesthetic - "Movement Smart" - Learning academics through obstacle courses and dancing.
- Musical - "Rhythms and Songs Smart" - Learning through music, dancing and singing.
- Interpersonal - "People Smart" - Learning through discussions and projects.
- Intrapersonal - "Self Smart" - Learning through self-expression.
- Naturalist - "Outdoor/Nature Smart"- Learning from being outdoors.
For samples of the activities, view our Samples Page Here
Which Level is Right for Your Child?