About Pre-K YOUR Way
Your kids will have the time of their lives completing these hands-on, engaging activities with parents, babysitters or other adults. Perfect for children ages 2-6, they will learn math, science, language, motor and social skills using everyday household items.
You can do these activities anywhere and at anytime! The step-by-step instructions, handy materials list, short preparation times and note section to track exactly what your child is learning, will make it easy to prepare your child for Kindergarten on busy days. Our play-based activities include:
- Art Activities
- Movement Activities
- Science Experiments
- Letter Activities
- Sensory Play
... and so much More! You and your child will be so entertained, they might not notice they’re also learning important academic, social and emotional skills.
Spending one-on-one time with your child not only helps them learn, it also gives them the interaction and attention the crave all day - something they will cherish for a lifetime.
Now let’s get learning! Click here to shop now!
Does this question ever run through your mind: "What does my child need to know to be successful in Kindergarten?"
You play an important role in your child's life! You not only are the parent, guardian and provider of life... you are also your child's first and most important Teacher!
What a scary word... TEACHER! You might be thinking:
- I am not their teacher, I am their parent. I don't know how to teach!
- When do I start?
- Where do I start?
- What do I do first?
- What do they need to know?
How exhausting and overwhelming to think about it all.
Well, the answer is simple...
I used my experience and education to develop a simple solution for your child to learn everything they need to know in a fun way that is simple for you to implement! Pre-K YOUR Way empowers you to teach your child anytime and anywhere! Through completing simple, academic and engaging activities, your family will feel supported in preparing for success in Preschool, Kindergarten and beyond!
1. These activities are for every interest and learning style!
Do you have a child who doesn't like to sit down for 10 minutes? We have activities just for them! Teach math and literacy skills through movement (jumping or running games) activities.
Maybe you have a child that loves art projects, or creative writing, or music. Fantastic! Use our creative writing, drawing and sensory based activities for your child!
Each themed activity unit meets all of these interests and more! I put together this free sample Ebook of Pre-K Your Way activities just for you! Click here to see them now!
2. Fits into busy family lives!
These easy to prep lessons can be completed anytime/anywhere using items you already have at home! Do you have more then one child? No problem! These activities can be completed with multiple children of varying ages.
3. Budget Friendly!
Kids can learn with anything! Pre-K YOUR Way activities utilize items most have already laying around the home - paper, sidewalk chalk, measuring tape, tape, markers, buckets, empty cardboard boxes... etc.
These activities were made to be completed on a budget -- no need to cut out pre-made shapes from construction paper (who wants to spend time doing that anyway??) or buy specific brands of materials.
Each activity defines exactly what your child will learn, lists materials needed and require minimal prep! Prepare for an activity in three minutes or less!4. So simple that anyone will feel comfortable using them!
1. Supports YOUR Child's Unique Learning Style:
- Activities teach academic and social skills through movement, art, music, reading, drawing and more.
- All activities are skills-based not age-based. Since every child is unique and learns at different paces, the curriculum is divide into 3 Levels. Find out which level is best for your child by downloading our FREE Pre-K YOUR Way Sample Guide.
Curriculum is based off of an educational theory called "multiple intelligences", stating that every child is unique and learns differently. These 8 "intelligences" include:
- Linguistic - "Word Smart"
- Logical-Mathematical - "Numbers/Reasoning Smart"
- Spatial - "Picture Smart"
- Bodily - Kinesthetic - "Movement Smart"
- Musical - "Rhythms and Songs Smart"
- Interpersonal - "People Smart"
- Intrapersonal - "Self Smart"
- Naturalist - "Outdoor/Nature Smart"
2. Can be used by:
- Children with a variety of interests and skill levels.
- One child or multiple children of various ages.
- Any adult (including parents, daycare providers, preschools, babysitters and grandparents) that work with kids.
- Families with various budgets: items to complete the activities are typically found around a home (such as blankets, pillows, empty boxes, crayons, tape, sidewalk chalk, cereal, paper cups, ice cubes, and more). No need to buy anything expensive.
3. Can be integrated into YOUR busy schedule:
- Are completed in 10 to 15 minutes.
- Every family is different so there is no set schedule. Complete the activities when it is most convenient for you.
- Complete them anywhere (at home, at the park, on vacation, inside, outside, and a neighbors house, at a preschool or anywhere else).
4. Teaches YOUR Child these Academic and Social Skills:
- Math and Science - Addition, Subtraction, Patterning, Measurement and More!
- Cognitive Development - Problem Solving, Sorting, Categorizing and more!
- Physical Development - Large Muscle (Jumping, Hopping, etc) and Small Muscle Development (Using Scissors, Writing, etc)
- Language Development - Vocabulary Development and Following Multiple-Step Directions
- Literacy Skills - Letter and Word Knowledge and Beginning Reading
- Social Skills - Engaging with adults and peers in an age-appropriate way
- Emotional Development - Understanding and Processing their feelings.
- Self-Help Skills - Learning skills to become independent.
About the Author:
Jeana Kinne, MA is an Early Childhood Developmental Specialist. She has worked for over 16 years in the Early Childhood Education field. She has been a parent educator, Preschool Director and Early Intervention Specialist (working with children with special needs). Jeana loves working with families, providing them with simple solutions to common parenting concerns, resulting in stress-free parenting!
More Questions? Use the following links to find answers to Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I find out what part of the Curriculum I should start at?
- What age does my child have to be to complete these activities?
- How do I know what Level or Unit to start with my child?
- What types of activities are in this curriculum? (What should I expect my child to be doing when completing these activities?)
- How long does it take to complete?
- What types of materials do I need to complete the activities?
- Can I complete the curriculum if I have more than one child?
- Do I need to participate in these activities or can my child do them by themselves?
- Are the activities appropriate for Daycare or Preschool centers?
- Who created this curriculum and why?