The curriculum can be used with individual children or groups of children at play-dates, preschools and daycare centers. Activities can be purchased in either Downloadable (PDF) Format OR Printed Books.
How Does It Work?
JDEducational Learning activities are created for parents, grandparents, babysitters, Preschool/Daycare teachers and anyone else who spends time with young children, to teach Preschool and Kindergarten Readiness skills using items typically found around a home.
This Curriculum Series contains three separate levels based on a child's skill level, not age. Each level builds on the preceding one.
**Note: This level is appropriate for children of all ages, regardless of academic level.
* Themed "Everyday" Academic Activities that meet Level 1 Learning Objectives.
Skills are taught through daily activities such as going to the park, riding in the car, going on a walk, cleaning the house and MORE!
* Behavior Support Tips & Worksheets - Parenting Tip sections that provide ideas and strategies for parents which support age-appropriate social and emotional milestones.
These tips include helping their child Understand Diversity, Understand Safety Routines, Take Turns with Loved Ones, Take Care of their Belongings, Help Parents Survive Restaurant Meals with Young Children and MORE!
* Themed Academic Activities which use items found around the home to teach math, science, language, literacy, pre-writing skills to meet Level 2 Learning Objectives!
Themes include: My Community, Roadways and Signs, Advanced Opposites, Space Exploration and MORE!
* Alphabet Activities teach letter identification and writing skills through art, sensory activities, reading, movement activities (dancing, jumping, running) and language arts.
Five (5) Activities for each letter plus alphabet review games.
* Themed Academic Activities which use items found around the home to teach math, science, language, literacy, pre-writing skills to meet Level 3 Learning Objectives!
Themes include: Camping, Transportation, Planet Earth, Construction, Oceanography and MORE!
* All Inclusive Academic Projects include all academic and social learning objectives. Each project guides the child to develop a hypothesis, research answers and form a conclusion.
Projects include: Transportation: Understanding Package Delivery Systems, Project Weather: Discovering the Elements, Project Earth: Reduce, Reuse and Recycle, Project Construction: Building Components and Design and MORE!
Click the photo below to find out what specific skills your child will learn in each Curriculum Level:
JDE Curriculum Series address ALL areas of child development, including:
- Cognitive Development - Problem Solving and Critical Thinking Skills.
- Math and Science - addition, Subtraction, Patterns, Measuring and More!
- Physical Development - Large and Small Muscle Development (Jumping, Hopping, Using Scissors, Writing, etc)
- Language Development - Vocabulary Development and Following Multiple-Step Directions
- Literacy Skills - Letter and Word Knowledge and Beginning Reading
- Social and Emotional Development - Engaging with adults and peers in an age-appropriate way
- Self-Help Skills - Learning skills to become independent.
Teach to Your Child's Learning Style
Our Curriculum is based off of a Harvard University Professor's (Howard Gardner) educational theory of "multiple intelligences". Gardner believed that traditional education was not utilizing the strengths of all children because every child is unique and learns differently. JDEducational Curriculum incorporates Gardners "eight intelligence pathways" into our activities, to teach current Kindergarten Readiness Academic and Social Skills.
These eight intelligences include:
- Linguistic - "Word Smart"
- Logical-Mathematical - "Numbers/Reasoning Smart"
- Spatial - "Picture Smart"
- Bodily - Kinesthetic - "Movement Smart"
- Musical - "Rhythms and Songs Smart"
- Interpersonal - "People Smart"
- Intrapersonal - "Self Smart"
- Naturalist - "Outdoor/Nature Smart"
See SAMPLE PAGE for videos of JDEducational children completing activities.
Kindergarten Readiness Standards
The JDE Curriculum Series is designed to teach all children learning objectives that meet current Kindergarten Readiness Standards. These Standards include: